Family-centred Early Childhood Intervention: How to make it work
On 8th - 9th June 2023 EASPD, Down Syndrome Albania (DSA) and UNICEF are co-organising the Conference, “Family-centred Early Childhood Intervention: How to make it work”, in Tirana. The conference will focus on Early Childhood Intervention (ECI), the services for families and children that need special support to enhance their personal development, on best practices and on what it is needed to structure a functioning ECI services system. Part of the conference will focus on the EASPD-UNICEF cooperation to develop emergency early childhood development actions to support young children at risk or with developmental difficulties affected by the Ukraine war.
The conference objectives will include:
- Raise public awareness around family-centred ECI benefits and functioning
- Highlight good practices and methodologies in the field of ECI
- Share the experience of service provision to Ukraine refugees in neighbouring countries
- Zoom in on the Balkans, highlighting specific challenges and opportunities for the region
- Discuss the creation of national ECI systems and the role of the EU in facilitating it
- Encourage greater commitment of policy makers in prioritising ECI and Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) policies across Europe.