Accessibility skills for a technology enhanced learning in an inclusive society (ENTELIS +)
ENTELIS+ aims to develop the digital skills and competences of digitally excluded groups, such as persons with disabilities of all ages, through strategic public-private partnerships.
Run between 2014 and 2016, the European Network for Technology Enhanced Learning in an Inclusive Society (ENTELIS) project was created to empower older persons and persons with disabilities to participate in digital society. ENTELIS aimed to provide them with digital literacy and make assistive technologies more easily accessible. The ultimate goal was to enable persons with disabilities to be more competitive on the job market and to receive high-quality education.
Building on the outcomes of the first ENTELIS project, ENTELIS+ aims to reduce the digital divide by supporting organisations to collaborate in the development of strategies and policies for the development of digital skills of persons with disabilities. It will do so by:
- Raising awareness about the importance of accessibility as an enabler for inclusive learning and teaching
- Developing the digital skills of persons with disabilities and older people to participate in the digital society
- Building the capacity of the key actors in charge of designing and implementing facilitating frameworks (public authorities and service providers).
- ENTELIS+ Glossary of Terms
- Success factors to adapt to new policy and regulatory frameworks (Read in IT, GR, DE )
- Success factors on uptake of technology (Read in IT, GR, DE)
- Success factors on building strong partnerships to bridge the digital divide (Read in IT, GR ,DE)
- Mapping of identified good practices
- Fact sheet on digital skills for people with disabilities and older adults (Read in IT, GR, DE )
- Fact sheet on the role of ICT Accessibility in Inclusive Education (Read in IT,GR, DE)
- Fact sheet on the impact of accessibility in service provision, with a focus on education & training (Read in IT, GR, DE)
Take online action now with the #RightToConnectNow campaign- On 3rd of December, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the Entelis+ project partners launched an awareness raising campaign called #righttoconnectnow to build on local communities in Europe that believe technology is an opportunity and not a barrier to inclusion. Watch the video here!
January 2020 - January 2022
Magdalena Verseckas, Project Officer