Senior Project Development Officer
The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is the European not-for-profit organization representing over 20,000 social service providers in 34 European countries.
EASPD’s mission is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems across Europe, in line with the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our members are active in a wide range of activities, especially in care and support services, employment, education and training, and early childhood intervention..
More information about EASPD is available at www.easpd.eu
Are you looking to increase the EU’s social impact? Do you want to take a leadership role in developing new EU projects? Are you looking for the next step in your career that will allow you to grow a vast array of competences?
Then join EASPD in Brussels as a Senior Project Development Officer!
This new role will have as main responsibility the development of new – mostly EU-funded – projects and the coaching of junior staff.
Tasks will include:
- Full development of projects, in particular Erasmus+ Alliances for Innovation and Cooperation Partnerships
- Support to the development of partner projects
- Coaching of junior team members
- Day-to-day implementation of Erasmus+ projects
- Self-development and learning in the fields of project development and social inclusion
- Contribution to EASPD membership activities
- Representation of EASPD at meetings and events
The person will join a team of four staff led by its Head of Project Development.
- At least 4 years’ proven experience in project development, in particular under EU programmes.
- Knowledge of EU funds and calls (Erasmus+, Horizon, EaSI, etc.)
- 2 successfully submitted transnational EU projects, with a preference for Erasmus+ (KA1/KA2/KA3).
- Oral and Written Fluency in English and at least one additional European language.
- Capacity to work in a team and to share your knowledge and expertise.
- Experience in coaching and/or mentoring
- Experience in implementation of transnational EU-funded projects
- Knowledge of social services sector (e.g. childcare, social support for persons with disabilities, inclusive education, access to employment, access to justice, etc).
- Knowledge of EU Social Policy (European Pillar of Social Rights, green transition, digital transition, social inclusion)
Terms of the Contract
- A long term contract.
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work and live in the EU/Belgium.
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE). In normal time (outside of COVID rules), the work schedule is minimum 3 days in the office per week.
- Contract 38 hours per week; remuneration at approximately €3.600 gross; additional €160 for workplace expenses/month and meal vouchers.
- Starting date: approximately 15th July or as soon as possible after.
What we offer
- Next step in your career with increased responsibility and visibility
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a dynamic multicultural environment.
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe by making the most of the EU Budget.
- Travel opportunities.
- If you feel that you have the motivation, skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and motivation letter to Mr Timothy Ghilain, Head of Project Development: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is the 26th May 2022.
- Interviews will hopefully take place the 1st-2nd-3rd June in Brussels (preferably in person).
- Persons with Disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.