AccessibleEU: Building community, connecting stakeholders
AccessibleEU, relying on the in-depth knowledge of its network of National Experts, aims to strengthen contacts and connections between key players and main entities, both public, private, and non-profit, to foster common interests. With this, on 7th November, AccessibleEU will host a hybrid European networking event at Fundacion ONCE, Madrid, entitled 'AccessibleEU: Building community, connecting stakeholders'.
- To create a network that ensures the connection between all parties involved in accessibility across all sectors, and promotes the creation of alliances for the strategic development of actions in public-private collaborative networks that promote accessibility in environments, products, and services.
- To facilitate a structured dialogue with leaders of industry sectors, representatives of essential public administrations and civil society involved in accessibility, and universities and professional associations to identify specific capacity-building and support needs.
- To include all accessibility professionals at institutional and business levels and promote their participation to foster take-up of knowledge, skills and competences within the community, sharing successful experiences and methodologies for addressing the challenges they have faced.
- To encourage dialogue on measures to enable the creation of incentives for the accelerated implementation of accessibility and innovation solutions in all EU countries in a scaled and weighted manner, fostering equitable engagement and promoting partnerships between stakeholders at a trans-European level.
- To identify and promote commitment to best practices, supporting their replicability as a mechanism for creating synergies among all stakeholders, supporting their adoption and development over time as an enrichment strategy for all parties, and their dissemination to achieve a replicable effect in all countries.
Policymakers, organisations, representatives of members of civil society, professional associations, providers.
Venue: Fundacion ONCE, Madrid
9:30 – 10:00
10:00 – 10:30
Achievements in the First Year of AccessibleEU
10:30 – 11:30
Panel 1: Industry
Chair: Victor Calvo-Sotelo, General Director, DigitalES
11:30 – 12:00
12:00 – 13:00
Panel 2: Accessibility networks
Chair: Ivor Ambrose,Managing Director,ENAT (European Network for Accessible Tourism)
13:00 – 14:00
Panel 3: Education and Professional Associations
Chair: Ángela Baldellou,Director Observatorio 2030, CSCAE (Consejo Superior de Colegios de Arquitectos de España)
14:00 – 15:30
15:30 – 16:30
Panel 4: Civil Society
Chair: Alejandro Moledo, Deputy Director & Head of Policy, EDF (European Disability Forum)
|16:30 – 17:30|
Panel 5: Public Administrations
Chair: Gerald M. Craddock, Chief Officer, CEUD (Centre for Excellence in Universal Design)