Introducing the EU Care Strategy – Webinar on Stakeholders’ Initial Reactions
Interpretation in English, French and Sign Language as well as real-time captioning will be made available during the webinar.
The European Commission will bring forward the new EU Care Strategy on the 7th of September.
The organisers hope this EU Care Strategy will help to shape social care policy around Europe in the years to come in areas such as:
- Availability, accessibility, and affordability of care services
- Attractiveness of jobs in social care, improving both pay and working conditions, as well as providing for continuous professional development and career paths
- Transition to home care and community-based services in line with human rights approaches to care provision
- Adequate and sustainable funding of social care services
- Tackling of gender stereotypes and inequalities linked to social care
- Further support to informal and family carers
In response to the introduction of the EU Care Strategy, EASPD, AGE Platform Europe, EuroChild, EDF, EPSU, COFACE Families Europe, the Social Employers and Social Services Europe invite you to an online webinar on the 9th of September at 11H00. This will be the chance to learn more about the new EU Care Strategy and discuss initial reactions to the initiative.
11h00 - 11h10
Event moderated by Thomas Bignal, Head of Policy, EASPD
11h10 - 11h25
Presentation of EU Care Strategy
|11h25 - 11h40|
Reactions by MEPs (rapporteurs of the Report towards a Common European Action on Care)
11h40 - 11h50
Reaction by Czech Presidency
|11h50 - 12h20|
Stakeholder's Initial Remarks
|12h20 - 12h50|
Q&A with participants
|12h50 - 13h00|