In-Tour- Accessible Tourism Manager and Operator
The IN-TOUR project aims to equip managers and personnel in the tourism sector with the appropriate knowledge, skills and personal and transversal competences to provide adequate services for all customers, especially those with special access requirements.
Inclusive tourism can only become a reality when professionals within the industry have the necessary knowledge on accessibility. The project will define, from existing and/or emerging skills needs, the competences that Inclusive Tourism professions should have in order to overcome the gap between the supply and the demand for accessible services in the tourism market.
- Professional profiles - The definition of two professional profiles for Inclusive Tourism Manager and Inclusive Tourism Frontline Staff. These profiles are specific for the tourism sector and must be clearly defined to promote the cross-national certification of the curricula.
- European Curricula - The definition of two European Curricula for Inclusive Tourism Manager and Inclusive Tourism Frontline Staff. These will be promoted as reference frameworks for the professional profiles in accessible tourism at European level for Vocational education and training (VET).
- Guidelines -Guidelines to support teachers to design effective learning activities starting from the localised curricula. The guidelines will contain indications and methodological recommendations for teachers on how to use and customise tools proposed by the project, as well as how to identify the most adequate teaching and learning methods for the delivery of the activities.
- Pilot courses - Five courses will be carried out in Germany, Greece and Italy. According to specific local needs they could be Continuing Education Courses or Masters, and implemented in one or more editions.
- Free Open Contents - All of the materials used and produced during the e-learning path will be available in the form of Open contents in the Open Repository of the Learning Management System used in the project.
- EASPD, Belgium
- AISM, Italian Multiple Sclerosis Society, Italy
- AFBB, Akademie für berufliche Bildung, Germany
- Cámara Valladolid, The Chamber of Commerce of Valladolid, Spain
- Criteria 05, S.L., Spain
- ENAT, European Network for Accessible Tourism, Belgium
- EPI, The Ilia Chamber, Greece
- FHD, The Fachhochschule Dresden, Germany
- FRI, Foundation for Research and Innovation, Italy
- Funka, Sweden
- HOU, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- IAAPA, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, Belgium
- SI4LIFE, Science and enterprise together to improve quality of life, Italy
- UNIGE, University of Genova, Italy
January 2020 - September 2023
Giulia Bergamasco, Project officer