The European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) represents over 20,000 social and health service provider organisations across Europe and across disability. The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high quality service systems, as based on the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
EASPD is currently looking for a trainee willing to enrich their resume with a working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The person will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Knowledge and Innovation Manager and in close cooperation with other members of the team. The work will involve covering a broad variety of topics in the field of human rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- Assistance with desk research and data gathering
- Support in implementation of running projects
- Support in organisation of events with European institutions
- Administrative support to the team
- Collaboration with the Communications Team
- University degree (Minimum 3 years of higher education).
- Valid visa to work and stay in Belgium
- A basic understanding about Research methods
- A basic understanding of the European Union and its functioning
- Excellent writing skills in English (other languages are an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in European social and human rights policies
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Terms of the contract
- Minimum 35 hours / week and based in Brussels (working also remotely due to COVID-19 recommendations in place).
- Remuneration of 100€ +, local transport costs covered.
- 6 months internship.
- The desired starting date is the 3rd January 2022.
What we offer
- Working in a multicultural environment.
- The opportunity to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe.
- The opportunity to travel with us on our biannual international conferences and meet our members.
- Candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. The motivation letter should concisely describe how the candidate responds to each of the skills required in no longer than one page.
- The deadline for applications is 10th December 11:00 pm.
- Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. The interviews will take place on 15th December.
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.