The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is the European not-for-profit organization representing over 20,000 social service providers in 41 countries.
EASPD’s mission is to promote equal opportunities for persons with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems across Europe, in line with the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our members are active in a wide range of activities, especially in care and support services, employment, education and training, and early childhood intervention.
EASPD is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant willing to both support the team and enrich their resume with a working experience in EASPD’s headquarters, in Brussels. The person will work directly with and under the supervision of EASPD’s Chief of Staff and in close cooperation with the Finance Team and the Secretary General. The work would involve covering a broad variety of tasks in the field of disability rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
- Personal assistant to the Secretary General, providing support in his daily tasks
- Financial and accounting filing and support
- Support in implementation of running projects
- Administrative support to the team.
- Higher education degree (minimum 2 years of higher education) or equivalent relevant experience
- Valid visa to work and stay in Belgium
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Analytical, problem-solving mind
- Comfort in handling numbers
- Excellent writing skills in English (other languages are an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic IT skills
- Strong interest in the European Social sector and/or in disability issues
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Willingness to work in a multicultural team
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team context
- Sense of initiative and be pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with accounting / accounting systems
Terms of the Contract
- 38 hours / week and based in Brussels
- This internship will take place under the conditionals of a Convention D’immersion Professionnelle with a renumeration of up to €977.50.
- 6 months internship.
- The desired starting date is mid-June 2023
What we offer
Being part of EASPD will give the intern the opportunity to discover how European organisations are structured and affect social service providers for persons with disabilities (and vice versa), as well as learning about accounting and management of a growing European not-for-profit organisation.
In our international team, the intern will be treated as a full member of the EASPD team with full rights to attend internal trainings and/or e-learning, national conferences and team building events.
- If you feel that you have the motivation, skills and competences for the job and could fit into our team, please email your CV and motivation letter to Mr Timothy Ghilain, Chief Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for applications is the 31st May 2023.
- Interviews will take place early June in Brussels (preferably in person in our office).
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
- EASPD commits to carefully handle the privacy and data protection of natural persons whose personal data are processed by EASPD.
- EASPD only processes the personal data in a way that is compatible with the purposes for which the data were collected.
- Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process. Data given to EASPD is included in the CV you need to submit for your application to be considered.
- EASPD takes appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary for the intended purposes. That is why your CV will not be kept by EASPD after the recruitment process is finished. Should you wish EASPD to keep your CV for future vacancies, please include this statement in your cover letter.