"Inclusive teaching programmes: Let's develop it together!" Salzburg, Austria, 22-23 October 2015
Title: "Inclusive teaching programmes: Let’s develop it together! "
Date: 22 to 23 October 2015
Venue: St-Virgil Conference Centre, Ernst-Grein-Straße 14, 5026 Salzburg, Austria
Social Media: Follow us on Twitter and make your comments and thoughts using
CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES IN A NUTSHELL
Inclusive education is the cornerstone to develop a more inclusive society. EASPD, in cooperation with the projects EQF meets ECVET, INVESTT and TIDE, will showcase a selection of best practices in developing inclusive teaching programmes for persons with disabilities, and will strive to develop recommendations for policy makers, school administrations and teachers to improve inclusion in education.
Thanks to the different perspectives of these projects, the event is expected to bring together a wide range of stakeholders to discuss these best practices. This conference will be a great opportunity to assess where inclusive education stands in Europe, and for everyone to select the elements that would fit best and enrich to their own learning environment.
The conference programme wishes to be developed with a universal design, and participants can build their own schedule based on their preferences and needs. Twelve interactive workshops where concrete best practices are presented and discussed will be held in parallel to each project panel in the plenary room, and will be repeated four times.
Please find the distribution of rooms here.
Programme of the plenary room
Thursday 22nd October
- Presentation of the state of play of inclusive education in Europe
- Panel discussions on the ALDO project, developing an online observatory of best practices on education for adults with a learning disabilities
- Panel discussions on the EQF project, developing a European certificate for VET
- Panel discussions on the TIDE project, supporting adults with intellectual disabilities receive development education
Friday 23rd October
- Presentation of inclusive education in the UNCRPD and the concepts of Universal Design and Reasonable Accommodation
- Panel discussions on the INVESTT project, developing teaching programmes with a universal design in VET centres
- Policy panel to develop recommendations for different levels of authorities - policy makers but also the school administrations and the classroom
Find the complete programme of the plenary here.
You can register here for the conference.
Please note that the deadline for registration is the 30th September 2015.
PRESENTATIONS DURING THE CONFERENCE
- Wolfgang PLAUTE, Pädagogische Hochschule Salzburg, Introduction to the conference and a story
- Peder HAUG, Volda University College, The State of Play of Inclusive Education (ppt)
- Peder HAUG, Volda University College, The State of Play of Inclusive Education (doc)
- David O'CONNOR, LMETB, The ALDO project
- Patricia SCHERER, FEGAPEI, Staff training and the European Observatory of Human Resources
- Marion BOCK, ChanceB, The EQF meets ECVET Project
- James CROWE, Learning Disability Wales, The TIDE Project
- Gerraint JONES-GRIFFITHS, Ebbw Vale Learning Zone, Student perspective on the TIDE Project (ppt)
- Gerraint JONES-GRIFFITHS, Ebbw Vale Learning Zone, Student perspective on the TIDE Project (doc)
- Gauthier DE BECO, Leeds University, Making Education Systems Inclusive
- Diane RICHLER, Jr Foundation, The CRPD and Sustainable Development Goals: An impetus for inclusion (ppt)
- Diane RICHLER, Jr Foundation, The CRPD and Sustainable Development Goals: An impetus for inclusion (doc)
- Stein Erik OHNA, Stavanger University, The INVESTT Project
- Michael FEMBEK, ZERO project, The ZERO Project
- Donata VIVANTI, EDF, Right of education for persons with disabilities - moving from words to deeds
- Bernadette GROSYEUX, Standing Committee on Education, Conclusion de la Conférence internationale sur l'éducation (FR)
- Bernadette GROSYEUX, Standing Committee on Education, Conclusion of the International Conference on Education (EN)
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- UNESCO Global Monitoring Report 2000-2015 "Education for all"
- INVESTT research on universal design in inclusive education
This event is co-organised by:
This conference has received the financial support of the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014-2020), the Life Long Learning Programme and EuropeAid.
- Salzburg Key note speaker Diane Richler: "Exclusion from the regular education system needs to be understood as an abrogation of rights"
- Accessible vocational education and training for persons with disabilities
- Article 24 of the UN CRPD
- Save the date! EASPD Salzburg conference