Venue:Thon Hotel EU, 75, Rue de la Loi, Brussels, Belgium.
EASPD organises the policy conference "Developing together the support services of tomorrow". The Conference is co-produced hand-in-hand with the European Disability Forum, the European Network for Independent Living, Inclusion Europe, Mental Health Europe and COFACE, with the involvement of the European Commission. The Conference will involve high level representatives from the disability field but also representatives from mainstream organisations and public authorities. The objective is to have a frank exchange on the meaning and role of support services in building a more inclusive society in the future and will include both discussion panels and workshops. It will cover topics such as access to the labour market, inclusive education, de-institutionalisation, co-production, technologies, etc.
We can confirm the presence of:
- Ms Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Mobility,
- Hon. Justyne Caruana MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Rights of Persons with Disability and Active Ageing of Malta
- Mr Franz Wolfmayr, President of EASPD,
- Ms Diane Kingston, Vice-Chairperson of the Expert Committee for the UN CRPD
- Mr Yannis Vardakastanis, President of the European Disability Forum.
- Mr Nigel Henderson, President of Mental Health Europe
- Ms Jana Hainsworth, President of the Social Platform
- Mr Freek Spinnewijn, President of Social Services Europe
- Mr Jan Willem Goudriaan, Secretary General of the European federation of Public Service Unions
- For practical information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org