TIDE - Towards Inclusive Development Education
Learning Disability Wales (LDW) is the project coordinator.
EASPD is a project partner along with:
- Finnish Association for Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (FAIDD)
- AIAS Bologna onlus
The project lasted 29 months from 01/04/2013 - 30/09/2015.
The purpose of this project is to develop among a group of European citizens with an intellectual or multiple disabilities an awareness and understanding of the interdependent world and of their role, responsibility and lifestyles in relation to a globalised society. Having a disability should not be an obstacle to actively engaging with the key issues of justice, human rights and sustainable ways of living. TIDE aims to develop experimental development education and active citizenship activities in Italy, Hungary, Finland and Wales. In each country a joint team of development education professionals and educators/tutors or activity leaders from the field of disability, will work with groups of young people with a disability through learning workshops, raising the awareness of participants about global development issues.
- 3 newsletters - July 2014
- TIDE project leaflet - Easy to read
- Hearing: "It's Our World Too" - Agenda - Press Release
- Manifesto for Accessible Development Education
- Conference in September 2015 for service providers and development education workers
Thomas Bignal, Policy and Communications Officer
+32 2 282 46 11