The Taskforce “Developing the Support Services of Tomorrow,” of which EASPD is a member, has launched a call for tender to support its study into the possibilities, issues and challenges that the concept of co-production provides for inclusive education.
The contractor will be required to produce an overview of studies and research on the perception of inclusive education by a variety of stakeholders as well as identify experiences and challenges in the following areas relevant for co-production in education:
- Understanding and overcoming resistance from parents, teachers, school leaders and administration against inclusive education.
- Participation of people with disabilities in the training and further education of teachers.
- Participation of and consultations with learners with disabilities and their families, support persons, teachers, school leaders, school administration, teachers training academies at the level of Ministries of Education, both nationally and regionally.
- Participation of people with disabilities and their families in school boards and management.
- Concepts for and involvement of people with disabilities in the quality evaluation of schools.
- Employment of teachers and other school staff with disabilities.
- Involvement of learners with and without disabilities in making inclusive education more visible and positive.
Following this desk research, the contractor will develop a questionnaire and conduct online interviews with 8 European stakeholders identified by EASPD including: a learner with a disability, a parent of a learner with a disability, a support person, a teacher, a board school representative, a school director, a representative from a teacher training academy and a policy-maker. These interviews will be used to discuss possible conclusions and recommendations. The contractor will then compile recommendations for the different stakeholder groups for better involvement of learners with disabilities and their families in the conception, design, steering, and management of schools. A special focus should also be on positive action to further this participation.
To find out more about the call and how to respond click here. Applicants must submit their responses by 15/09/2018
The Taskforce ‘Support Services of Tomorrow’ is a formal cooperation between the European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD), the European Disability Forum (EDF), the Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union (COFACE Families-Europe), the European Network on Independent Living (ENIL), Inclusion Europe and Mental Health Europe (MHE-SME). Together these organisations have committed to providing a common understanding at European level on the direction support services should take to enable full inclusion. To learn more about the activities of the Taskforce click here.
For more information please contact:
EASPD Senior Policy Officer
T. +32 2 282 46 18