The 11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities will take place in the United Nations Headquarters in New York during the 12th, 13th and 14th of June 2018. The overarching theme of this edition will be "Leaving no one behind through the full implementation of the CRPD". Read more about this conference here.
Several side events will take place during the celebration of the conference (download list of side events). As every year, EASPD has contributed to the organisation of one of them: "Assistive Technologies: services enabling independent living and inclusion", which will take place on the 13th of June, from 18:30 to 20:00 in the Conference Room 4.
EASPD Board Member Evert-Jan Hoogerwerf, along with other relevant speakers from European institutions and organisations, will share their experiences on how assistive technologies are delivered in a context of service provision contributing to enabling individual's independence and participation to the community. Users will share their experiences in the choice of the technologies and services provision. Main barriers and opportunities on the uptake of technology will be discussed alongside sustainable policy frameworks.
List of speakers:
- Moderator: Inmaculada Placencia, Senior Expert on Disability, European Commission
- Chapal Khasnabis, World Health Organisation
- Adam Kosa, Member of the European Parliament
- Evert-Jan Hoogerwerf, Board Member of EASPD
- Luc de Witte, President of AAATE
- John Patrick Clarke, Vice President of the European Disability Forum
- Miguel Angel Valero, Director CEAPAT (IMSERSO)
- Malin Ekman Aldén, Director General for the Swedish Agency for Participation